Recycled Crushed Concrete & Recycled Crushed Asphalt
Recycled Crushed Concrete: Will it become a mainstream substitute as sustainable construction grows more prevalent?
Crushing waste concrete to make aggregate for new concrete is increasing in popularity for several reasons:
• Owners want projects to be sustainable and LEED certified. Recycled concrete qualifies for recycled material credits, and because it is usually found locally, it qualifies for local credits;
• Concrete with recycled concrete aggregate has a smaller carbon footprint;
• Crushing waste concrete to produce new aggregate takes less energy than mining precious aggregate reserves;
• Using recycled concrete in place of rock makes good sense. (Excerpts taken from internet article “Concrete Construction”)
1. 1″ – 0″ Crushed Recycled Concrete
2. 3″ – 0″ Crushed Recycled Concrete
3. 2″ – 4″ Open Graded Crushed Concrete
4. 4″ – 6″ Open Graded Crushed Concrete
Recycled Crushed Asphalt is America’s No. 1 recycled product in a report to Congress. It continues to be reclaimed and reused at a greater rate than any other product in the U.S. A wide range of waste materials are now incorporated into asphalt pavements, including ground tire rubber, glass, foundry sand, and slag, but the most widely used are reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) and recycled asphalt shingles (RAS). The use of recycled materials in asphalt pavements saves hundreds of millions of cubic yards of landfill space each year.
1. 3/4″ – 0″ Crushed Recycled Asphalt
We deliver to Portland, Hillsboro, Scappoose, St. Helens, and surrounding areas.
Please give us a call. 503-543-8821
Hours of operation: Our work hours change throughout the year. Please call for our current work schedule. Thank you.
Please visit our Facebook.